Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jan. 19th

Hello Students,

For this first post, add a comment to this thread that responds to 5-6 of the following questions AND the last question.

* What is your name and what would you like to be called? Do you have any embarrassing nicknames? If so, please explain.

* Where are you from? Tell something unusual about your hometown.

* What music do you listen to or what kinds of films do you enjoy? Lists are of course boring, so you might explain what attracts you to specific bands or movies.

* What have you done while at ACS that makes you most proud?

* How comfortable are you on a computer? What do you do most often when online?

* What do you enjoy reading or doing when you have free time?

* What else would your best friend tell about you?

* Do you enjoy traveling or going on long trips? Describe a memorable trip out of the state or out of the country.

* What do you enjoy about English? What do you dislike?

24 comments:

  1. Q:What is your name and what would you like to be called? Do you have any embarrassing nicknames? If so, please explain.

    A:Hello, my real name is Catherine May Hardegree, but I go by Katie or Kate. I get the occasional Mary when I am mistaken for my elder sister, but I prefer to go by my own name. Well, I don't have any embarrassing nicknames, but I don't like being called Catherine because it reminds me of an old lady with white puffy hair drinking tea.

    Q:What music do you listen to or what kinds of films do you enjoy? Lists are of course boring, so you might explain what attracts you to specific bands or movies.

    A:I love music. It is my life. I enjoy a wide range of genres and artists, but one thing that draws me to a song is the artist's genuine love for his or her music, and his or her ability to express himself deeply in his work. Another thing that draws me to a song is when the ambiance of the music matches the lyrics. My favorite band always has been and always will be The Beatles.

    Q:What have you done while at ACS that makes you most proud?

    A:During chapel last year, after all of the Bible Bowl competitions were over, Mrs. Mabry (the Bible Bowl coach) presented our team with all of the awards we had received during the year. It was embarrassing to stand in front of everyone, but I'm proud of our accomplishments.

    Q:How comfortable are you on a computer? What do you do most often when online?

    A:I am frequently on my dad's laptop, and am very comfortable on a computer. When online, I am usually checking my subscriptions on YouTube, or my Facebook account.

    Q:What else would your best friend tell about you?

    A:My best friend would probably tell you that I love to shoot. I have been shooting since I was a young child, and still enjoy it very much. Another thing that they might tell you is that I love nature and the outdoors. I am crazy and just love spending time with friends.

    Q:What do you enjoy about English? What do you dislike?

    A:I enjoy all of the different short stories, poems, books, and such that we read in English class. I find it very interesting and attractive. I dislike large amounts of homework. I am considerably slow at writing papers, so this is a setback. Other than that, I enjoy English very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. * What is your name and what would you like to be called? Do you have any embarrassing nicknames? If so, please explain.

    Hello my name is Drew Martinez. I like to go by Drew. I don't have any nicknames but I have many that people call me. For example: Parker, Drewberto, Druski, etc.... People come up with nicknames for me a lot. I just like going by Drew though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. * Where are you from? Tell something unusual about your hometown.

    I am originally from Abilene Texas. An unusual fact about Abilene is there are so many churches in it. You can't go very far through Abilene without seeing a church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. * What music do you listen to or what kinds of films do you enjoy?

    I enjoy listening to Rap/Hip-Hop for the beat and I enjoy classical for its beautiful tone.

    I like to watch inspirational sports films such as Remember the Titans and The Blindside because I can relate to those athletes who work so hard to become great at what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. * What have you done while at ACS that makes you most proud?

    Things that I have done at ACS that make me feel proud include leading chapel and representing my sports team in any sport that I play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. * How comfortable are you on a computer? What do you do most often when online?

    I am comfortable with computers and technology. I know how to use computers pretty well. Typically I use Facebook, Youtube,Gmail,and ESPN.com when I am online.

    ReplyDelete
  7. * What do you enjoy reading or doing when you have free time?

    I don't do a whole lot of pleasure reading. I read school material mostly to continually keep it fresh on my mind.In my free time I enjoy hanging out with my family and friends, working out, playing video games occasionally,and being out doors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. * What else would your best friend tell about you?

    My best friend(s) would probably say that I am hardworking,responsible,enjoy having fun,respectful, and diligent. There's way more I could say, but that would take awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. * Do you enjoy traveling or going on long trips? Describe a memorable trip out of the state or out of the country.

    I enjoy traveling whenever I get the chance. A memorable trip that I recall was a mission trip to Honduras a few years ago. My church went to poor, small, secluded villages and taught the people there about God.It was an awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My name is Brantly and I like to be called...uh...Brantly. haha. One unsual nickname I have is Branflakes. Kristina called me that one day in 6th grade and it just kinda stuck.

    I listen to a lot of music but mainly pop and showtunes. Lots of stuff ends up on my iPod though. Some of my favorite artists include Relient K, Lady GaGa, Demi Lovato, and Michael Cavanaugh. Some of my favorite musicals are 13, Wicked, Next to Normal (FAVORITE!), Hairspray, and The Little Mermaid. I love movies, and I think that any movie a critic hates is sure to be a great movie. It is my personal opinion that movie critics wouldn't know a good movie if it punched them in the face. However, if the movie is exceptionally good, they tend to notice. I love Disney movies. Some favorite Disney classics include The Lion King, The Princess and the Frog, and Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Some of my other favorite movies are Eagle Eye, Cars, and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. (Really any of the HP movies or books. I'm an HP freak.)

    I have been going to ACS since Pre-School. Some of my favorite achievements include but are not limited to: swim team, playing Daddy Warbucks in Annie, being named Outstanding Male Vocalist in Choir, and winning ribbons for reading Prose in Lit Meet.

    I am very comfortable on the computer. I spend a lot of time on facebook, twitter, and reading news on Tommy2.net and Playbill.com.

    I love reading, though I rarely have time to do it. Harry Potter is one of my absolute favorites. I also love the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, where Greek gods and goddesses exist in modern day. I love the fantasy genre. I recently started a book called The Alchemyst, and it's really good. In my free time I like to hang out with my friends, listen to music, go to movies, sing, and watch my favorite TV shows (Glee, SNL, Heroes, FlashForward, Survivor, and iCarly).

    I enjoy traveling, and I do so often. I don't like being gone for more than about a week and a half though. That's too much time away from home for me. I also love going on mission trips with my Youth Group.

    English has never been my strongest suit. I like to read, but let's face it, I don't want to thing THAT much about what I'm reading! We go too in-depth in our literature studies for my taste. I do, however, prefer literature to grammar. I stink at grammar, and I hate it. I moderately enjoy writing papers, but I don't consider myself a talented writer. The most english-oriented thing I do is keep a blog where I post from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. * What do you enjoy about English? What do you dislike?

    I enjoy learning how to properly write an English paper so that I will be prepared for college and life. I dislike the fact that I can't always comprehend the content which I read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Q 1: What is your name and what would you like to be called? Do you have any embarrassing nicknames? If so, please explain.

    A: My name is Mallory Wilkins and I will go by whatever people feel like calling me as long as it is not offensive. I don't have embarrassing nicknames persay; sometimes people like to call me Mal or something completely random that has nothing to do with my name. I was jokingly called Bad-Lory after my class became aware of etymons. And my loving guy friends called me Marijuana after I wanted to go by Mj...I soon changed my name preferences.

    Q 2: What have you done while at ACS that makes you most proud?

    A: Probably being asked to play on the JV basketball team when I was only an eighth grader. My sister is/was really good at basketball and it was cool to have one-upped her. I have informed her that by the time I end my high school basketball career, I will have beaten her 130 steals in a season record. So, the team/seniors that I am playing with right now, I have played with since my seventh grade year (sixth graders are not allowed to play sports).

    Q 3: What do you enjoy reading or doing when you have free time?

    A: I absolutely love reading fiction, historical fiction, christian fiction, adventure, mystery, and tragic books. If I'm not reading, I like to paint (even thought I'm not very talented in that aspect) and make things for people. I also love movies just as much as the next teenager and I love hanging out with my friends, but I like to have my alone time as well.

    Q 4: Do you enjoy traveling or going on long trips? Describe a memorable trip out of the state or out of the country.

    A: Yes, I like traveling as long as it is not like a 12 hour trip to Nebraska in one day (which I do about every other year, but haven't in a few years). Last spring break I went to Italy for ten days with my grandparents for my trip. They take each grandchild wherever in the world they want to go when they turn 14, but my mom wanted me to wait so I could choose better. I love art and history so I chose Italy. We went to Pompeii, Naples, Florence, Rome, and San Giovanni (a little town). I can't really choose a favorite out of those, but the most interesting I think, was Pompeii. It has so much history and it was really cool to learn about it.

    Q 5: Where are you from? Tell something unusual about your hometown.

    A: Originally I am from Anchorage, Alaska. I was born there and lived there until I was five but I remember alot about it. We visit about every summer because my grandparents own a big log cabin in Kenai by the Kenai River and my dad loves to fish. I just love Alaska, but fishing isn't too bad either. It's cool to see my cousins and relatives; most of my mom's side lives up there. Something unusual about Anchorage... it's the biggest city in Alaska including Juneau, the capital.

    Q 6: What do you enjoy about English? What do you dislike?

    A: As strange as it sounds, I like almost everything about English. I like grammar and diagramming. I love poetry and literature, whether in short story form or novels. When I was younger, I wanted to be an author. I loved assignments like when we had to write our own stories and present them to the class. I like English because it comes to me easily, but it still provides a challenge. And I love challenges. I do not really enjoy classical works, I mean like, speeches or people describing politics. I find that boring and it doesn't interest me very much.
    -Mallory

    ReplyDelete
  13. * What is your name and what would you like to be called? Do you have any embarrassing nicknames? If so, please explain.

    My name is Rachel, and I don’t really have any nicknames, so unless you have a super-awesome one for me, then I guess you can call me Rachel.

    * Where are you from? Tell something unusual about your hometown.

    Part 1: Abilene, TX.
    Part 2: N/A

    * What music do you listen to or what kinds of films do you enjoy? Lists are of course boring, so you might explain what attracts you to specific bands or movies.

    I listen to Rock and Broadway/Musicals more than anything else. And when I say Rock, I mean I mostly like the really hardcore rock. I also like some of the rather mellow rock, like some of John Mayer’s songs, like his song “Free Fallin’,” even though it was a remake. I like Broadway and Musicals because they are amazing. I mostly just like music that is really expressive I guess.
    I like Action/Adventure, Drama, Musicals, and Comedies the best. They always put musicals and comedies in the same category for awards, but I don’t think they’re the same thing. Comedies are just stories that end happily. Not all musicals end happily you know. So therefore, I say they are different. Anyway, I like action/adventure movies because, well, they’re awesome. Dramas have great plots and most of the time they have well-developed characters. Musicals are just awesome. And everybody loves a good comedy.

    * What have you done while at ACS that makes you most proud?

    I'm really proud of what I and the rest of the Bible Bowl team have accomplished. I feel very honored to be a part of such a great team.

    * How comfortable are you on a computer? What do you do most often when online?

    I’m on the computer all the time. I typically use facebook/twitter, gmail/aol, broadway.com, etc.

    * What do you enjoy reading or doing when you have free time?

    Well, I have a really long list consisting of books I bought that I need to read. But I recently bought tons of Shakespeare’s works and I’m working on finishing those before I read other stuff during my free time. Right now I’m reading Much Ado About Nothing.

    * What else would your best friend tell about you?

    I don't know about that one. You should ask someone else.

    * Do you enjoy traveling or going on long trips? Describe a memorable trip out of the state or out of the country.

    I love traveling. I really enjoy going on long trips. I could describe just about every Bible Bowl trip. Such as spending the night in our coach’s hometown after a competition in Albuquerque, and on the way back stopping by a creek and having fun with Mentos and Diet Coke.

    * What do you enjoy about English? What do you dislike?

    Well, I actually enjoy the grammar part of English (most of the time). I don’t always type or speak grammatically correct, but I enjoy it.
    I love everything about English. I don’t see what anyone could dislike about English! I find that to be preposterous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. What is your name and what would you like to be called? Do you have any embarrassing nicknames? If so, please explain.

    >> My name is Bryson Day Travieso. The last name is Spanish (I specify this because many think it is Italian). Despite the last name, I don't know Spanish well. Habla ingles. I'm teaching myself French, but that's not working too well either. Anyway... I can't recall any nicknames, but my classmates are rather clever; I'm sure they could come up with a few!

    2. What music do you listen to or what kinds of films do you enjoy?

    >> Ahh, music and films! I absolutely love music for everything it is. It's a passion of mine. My taste in music is quite vast, so I'm not sure how many bands I should list. I'll choose a few of my favorites, I suppose.

    Death Cab For Cutie, The Postal Service, Vampire Weekend, God is an Astronaut, M83, Guster, Lade GaGa, John Mayer, New Young Pony Club, Green Day... I love indie music (though not all of the above are indie). It is my favorite genre. In a general sense I believe that music, indie or otherwise, is probably the truest form of art and self-expression. Rhyme, rhythm, melody, harmony, etc. (much like poetry, I suppose) come together to create beauty and I cannot seem to get enough of it! But referring back to my list, I apologize if some of those bands are totally foreign. If you recognize them, however, kudos!

    As for films, my love for anything indie applies here as well. Indie films are incredibly honest and straightforward and I appreciate that. I do love other movies though - mostly comedy or suspense. But since I ranted about music I won't ramble about movies too.

    3. How comfortable are you on a computer? What do you do most often when online?

    >> I feel quite comfortable on a computer. My laptop has become an essential part of my life. Is that a "techie" thing to say? Ah, so be it, then. Anyway, I generally use the web to discover new bands or watch youtube videos (love 'em). I also blog, for blogging is one of my favorite activities. I really just enjoy being able to write something and post it up on the internet, whether or not it is read.

    4. What do you enjoy reading or doing when you have free time?

    >> Besides music, reading is my most favorite activity! I'll read anything, really. I'm currently reading Dante's Divine Comedy. I do enjoy the epic poem. I also love the Harry Potter series for all of it's magic and wonder. Its themes are great as well - especially toward the end of the series. Nonfiction is also very interesting to me as well. I love reading about current events and politics. I also enjoy reading theological subjects spanning over many different religions and beliefs. Most of my free time is consumed by reading!

    5. What do you enjoy about English? What do you dislike?

    >> I enjoy many aspects of English. I love literature especially. As I am a lover of reading, great authors' works seem to be a vast realm of knowledge and inspiration that I can easily access. If I could sit in a library for hours reading over the works of any great philosopher or Romantic novelist (just to name a few) I would be very happy. As far as my dislikes are concerned, not many come to mind. Probably grammar. I love grammar, but not as much as I love reading. So I'll say grammar is almost my dislike, I suppose.

    Thanks for setting up this blog for our class! I'm enjoying it so far and I hope that my classmates are as well.

    -- Bryson Travieso

    ReplyDelete
  15. 01. What is your name and what would you like to be called? Do you have any embarrassing nicknames? If so, please explain.
    My full name is Gillian Grace Chant. Due to the apparent difficulty most people have pronouncing my name, I answer to just about any name! But Gillian works perfectly well for me. I tend to embrace most of my given nicknames, however, one moniker I have yet to warm up is “Jellybean.”

    02. Where are you from? Tell something unusual about your hometown.
    I am from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. Victoria is the capital of BC and is only a 90-minute ferry ride away from Vancouver, the host city of the 2010 Winter Olympics.

    03. What music do you listen to or what kinds of films do you enjoy? Lists are of course boring, so you might explain what attracts you to specific bands or movies.
    I have a very open mind when it comes to music. I listen to anything from country to rock to rap and hip-hop. Most of my music collection consists of artists or albums suggested by friends. I listen to music before a competition to pump myself up or calm myself of the ever-present nerves so lyrics play a large role in my taste in music.

    04. What have you done while at ACS that makes you most proud?
    In the spring of 2009 I launched a campaign to get recycling bins placed around the ACS campus. The plan began to come together in the fall of that year and now, in the spring of 2010, recycling receptacles for bottles, cans, and paper will be present around the school. Environmental protection, especially through recycling, is something very close to my heart which makes me very proud of this accomplishment!

    05. Do you enjoy traveling or going on long trips? Describe a memorable trip out of the state or out of the country.
    Traveling is a huge part of my life, as I travel to equestrian competitions 2-3 times per month. My family travels in our bus to places as far as Columbus, Ohio; Tampa, Florida; Phoenix, Arizona; and Las Vegas, Nevada, for horse shows. I absolutely love traveling and the ability to broaden my horizons by being in a new environment. An especially memorable trip took place this summer when my family flew to Brasil to take part in a medical campaign in the small city of Itu. The new surroundings, culture, language, and attitude of the country was life changing and I was able to meet many amazing people.

    06. What do you enjoy about English? What do you dislike?
    When it comes to English, my favorite aspect of the subject would have to be grammar. Having an analytical mind, I find it easy to refer back to concrete rules and examples when answering questions. The correct usage of grammar is highly beneficial in the development of writing, interviewing, and speaking skills, which is why I think grammar should be highly emphasized in high school curriculum. One grievance I have with English is the ambiguity present in literature studies. Different interperetations of text make it difficult to study for tests--how do I know if the ideas I am studying coincide with the teacher’s expected answers? The wide spectrum of possible answers is a difficult concept for me to grasp, for I am a person who likes an answer that is set in stone!

    Gillian Chant

    ReplyDelete
  16. * What is your name and what would you like to be called? Do you have any embarrassing nicknames? If so, please explain.

    Hello, my name is Amy Heath. I don’t really have a nickname, mainly because my name is so short. My mom enjoys calling me Doodle Hopper…I don’t exactly know why. I asked her once, but I don’t remember her reasoning behind it.

    * What music do you listen to or what kinds of films do you enjoy? Lists are of course boring, so you might explain what attracts you to specific bands or movies.

    I enjoy listening to country, pop, alternative, and rock music. I switch genres depending on my mood. I couldn’t pick a favorite artist or band, mainly because I have so many favorites! I love watching movies. Comedy is my favorite genre of movie, mostly because I enjoy laughing. I am typically a very indecisive person, so it’s hard to name any favorites. Let’s just say I enjoy stupid movies with no point. Although, I do like to watch inspirational movies occasionally.

    * How comfortable are you on a computer? What do you do most often when online?

    I am extremely comfortable on my computer. My laptop is my prized possession. I keep everything on my laptop and I would be devastated if something happened to it. While online, I am usually on Twitter, Facebook, or Youtube.

    * What do you enjoy reading or doing when you have free time?

    Reading is my life. If I’m not out with friends, I’m probably in my room reading. My favorite author is J.K. Rowling. It’s safe to say that I am a bit of a Harry Potter geek (and proud of it!). I also enjoy reading books by Dan Brown, Garth Nix, JRR Tolkien, Jules Verne, Scott Westerfeld, Jane Austen, Rick Riordan, and many more. Unlike most teenage girls today, I am not a big fan of Stephanie Meyer’s Twilight series. I liked the books when I first read them, but her crazed fans, poor writing, and cliched plot made me dislike it.

    * Do you enjoy traveling or going on long trips? Describe a memorable trip out of the state or out of the country.

    I love traveling, but I’m sorry to say I don’t travel often. My mom, my brother, and I went on a ‘Road Trip’ to Virginia this past summer. Virginia is my favorite state, and it was amazing to go there. I’m not exactly sure why I love Virginia so much, but I think it’s because of the history there (I’m a bit of a history junkie). I got to see Jamestown, which was probably the highlight of my entire trip. We drove from Abilene to Williamsburg, making pit stops in random places. I definitely got to see more of this country than I ever have before.

    * What do you enjoy about English? What do you dislike?

    I like English class, but it’s not my best subject. I like reading literature, but I’m not a fan of grammar. I tend to be slightly mediocre when it comes to grammar.

    Amy Heath

    ReplyDelete
  17. Q:What is your name and what would you like to be called? Do you have any embarrassing nicknames? If so, please explain.
    A:My name is Aubrie Adeline Hood. I would like to be called Aubrie. Some people call me Aubie Daubie Doo. It's embarrassing.

    Q:Where are you from? Tell something unusual about your hometown.
    A:Well, I have moved MANY times. I would consider my hometown Abilene, but i was born in Bedford, Texas. Bedford is the "B" in HEB :)
    (Hurst Euless Bedford. Not the grocery store)

    Q:What music do you listen to or what kinds of films do you enjoy? Lists are of course boring, so you might explain what attracts you to specific bands or movies.
    A:I LOVE going to the movies, and I could watch movies all day. I don't like Westerns or Chinese/Kung Fu movies. But I like just about every other genre. I listen to mainly country and whatever is popular at the time. Not so much hardcore rap or metal though. It kind of scares me.

    Q:How comfortable are you on a computer? What do you do most often when online?
    A:I am on the computer all the time! When I'm online I'll usually be on Facebook or researching something for school.

    Q:What do you enjoy reading or doing when you have free time?
    A:I have always loved to read, but I haven't had much time to do it lately. I love the Harry Poter books, and other books like that. Right now I'm reading Frank Peretti.

    Q:What else would your best friend tell about you?
    A:That I laugh a lot and listen to too much Country music. And I only date Austin's.

    Q:Do you enjoy traveling or going on long trips? Describe a memorable trip out of the state or out of the country.
    A::I enjoy traveling, as long as it's not with my family. I think I would die if I had to be in a car with my family for over 6 hours. I really enjoyed going to Honduras with my Youth Group about 2 years ago.

    Q:What do you enjoy about English? What do you dislike?
    A:I love to read literature. But I am TERRBILE at grammar. TERRIBLE.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Q: What is your name and what would you like to be called? Do you have any embarrassing nicknames? If so, please explain.

    A: Hello, my name is Kristina Dawn Kiser. I prefer going by Kristina, but many friends and teachers insist on calling me Tina. The nickname Tina originated from the movie Napoleon Dynamite, "Tina, you fat lard, come get some dinner." So I guess that's rather embarassing.

    Q: Where are you from? Tell something unusual about your hometown.

    A: I was born in Abilene and have lived here my whole life. I have only moved to a new house once when I was in the second grade. Interesting facts about Abilene probably do not exist.

    Q:What music do you listen to or what kinds of films do you enjoy? Lists are of course boring, so you might explain what attracts you to specific bands or movies.

    A: Most people that know me know that I'm a music junkie. I'll listen to pretty much anything, but musicals are what often comes up on my iPod. I consider myself to be very openminded and flexible when it comes to my music taste. As for movies, I'm generally the same way. I love going to movies or the drive-in with friends. Pretty much the only genre I especially dislike are slasher flims. I dislike the visual spilling of blood.

    Q: What have you done while at ACS that makes you most proud?

    A: I've gone to ACS since the 6th grade, but the thing that makes me most proud is my role as Annie in our 2009 Fall Production of Annie, Jr. One other thing is that 2009 golf season was my first year playing and I somehow made it to Regionals. Wooh!

    Q: How comfortable are you on a computer? What do you do most often when online?

    A: I find myself to be very comfortable on the computer, considering how often I'm on it. If I'm on the computer, I'm most likely on Facebook, YouTube, Google, Playbill.com, or something random just because.

    Q: What do you enjoy reading or doing when you have free time?

    A: Although I don't find much spare time to do so during the school year, I love reading! I'm an avid Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling fan, they're the best. Other authors I enjoy are Jane Austen, C.S. Lewis, Roald Dahl, and numerous others. I'll try reading almost anything, but if it starts losing my attention I'll be more apt to toss the book aside. Apart from reading, in my spare time I enjoy cooking, music in anyway, watching movies, running, and my dear iPhone.

    Q: Do you enjoy traveling or going on long trips? Describe a memorable trip out of the state or out of the country.

    A: I dearly love to travel. My family goes to Florida a lot, because we have a lot of family that lives there and because Disney World is my mom's favorite place in our solar system. One of my favorite trips taken was when I was 12 or 13 years old, my family went to the Bahamas. I love scuba driving, snorkeling, relaxing on the beach, and just the fact of being submerged in a new culture.

    Q: What do you enjoy about English? What do you dislike?

    A: Hmm, what do I enjoy about English? Well, most times I love literature and short stories. Poetry, I also enjoy, though it often takes a few times for me to read it, to really comprehend what the author is saying. I love writing papers, but HATE being rushed doing so. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, so when things aren't as good as they could be, I am often displeased with my work. And finally, dreaded Grammar. Bleh. Enough Said.

    Kristina Kiser :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My name is Gabriel Espinoza. I go by Gabe.
    I live in Tuscola in the country.
    I listen to rap music and I like action movies.
    I play Call of Duty in my free time.
    I am playing football, baseball, and golf this year.
    I like reading cool stories about was and violence. I don't like grammar at all.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 1. Hello there, my name is Megan Cheri Parker. I have not acquired any nicknames at this school or other school for that matter, thank goodness. Although I must say I might not mind a name any other than my own, because the name ‘Megan’ is far from unique. There’s always a bazillion Megan’s no matter where you go.
    2. I will listen to anything once, for I adore music for all it’s worth. I listened to country once and all I heard were nails scrapping across a chalkboard. Never again…I listen for songs that tell a story, or are poetry set to music. My favorite kinds of music include classic rock (I listen to this the most), alternative, folk, indie, jazz, classical, and blues. A very small few of my favorite artists include the Beatles (I am a bit obsessed with them), Vampire Weekend, Queen, the Who, The Postal Service, Aerosmith, Dave Matthew’s Band, Billy Joel, Adele, etc. You said lists are boring so I’ll stop for your sake, my friend.
    3. Well, I haven’t been at ACS as long as most of my classmates, but I feel l have become one of the regulars. This year I was elected class treasurer and the choir officer position of soprano section leader. I love making connections with my student body, and these small but meaningful leadership accomplishments give me a sense of kinship and family. I have also become involved in theatre and choir, and I am most proud of my theatre family.
    4. Ah, free time. I love that term. Reading is a great passion of mine, even though time to sit down with a good book in a quiet atmosphere is hard to come by. I enjoy reading books that take me out of the everyday and into something greater than myself. I love satire, and those books that expose society and all its flaws. I also enjoy books brimming with mystery, suspense, romance to some extent, and subjects that thrust me out of reality. My all-time favorite author is the late Madeline L’Engle, a woman who wrote with a combination of philosophy, and a touch scientific genius mixed into the lives of ordinary people.
    5. Do you enjoy traveling or going on long trips? Describe a memorable trip out of the state or out of the country.
    I love traveling. I would give anything to travel the world. I’ve never been anywhere exotic or exciting, but I’ve been there and back again seeing as I’ve moved around a ton. The most memorable trip I’ve ever gone on was with my friend to Red River, New Mexico. We stayed in a cabin that was the Hilton of all cabins up in the mountains..
    6. What do you enjoy about English? What do you dislike?
    . English is a deep, deep passion of mine. I hope to teach high school English when I get out of school. I have always loved this wonderful subject and could spend hours with it. I am a poet, and it is only through my writing that I can say what’s inside me. I find the English language to have an enticing beauty. The poetic voice lures me in sends my mental wheels turning. I love dissecting poems and attempting to grasp what the author is saying. I hate, hate, hate grammar. Sure I can do it, but I hate having rules and guidelines to writing. Having to focus on the do’s and don’ts of proper grammar takes the joy of the freedom of writing. Apart from writing poetry, I enjoy taking a subject and writing about it. Call me a nerd, but I love it when assigned an essay paper to write. Bring it on. Ok I’m almost done here. I love reading literature. I prefer authors that write with a sort of dark and sarcastic edge. These books are so much more interesting to dissect.

    ReplyDelete
  22. * What is your name and what would you like to be called? Do you have any embarrassing nicknames? If so, please explain.
    My name is Jonathan Daniel McMichael. I go by Jonathan or Jon, either one is fine. I have no embarrassing nicknames because I am incredibly awesome and have no faults whatsoever. Actually, I do have one embarrassing nickname but I will not go into that at the present time because it is slightly inappropriate.

    * Where are you from? Tell something unusual about your hometown.
    I was born in Garland Texas. I really don’t remember much about it because we moved when I was only two years old. I just asked my mom and she said she can’t think of anything unusual about it either.

    * What music do you listen to or what kinds of films do you enjoy? Lists are of course boring, so you might explain what attracts you to specific bands or movies.
    I like to listen to rock, Christian, and alternative stuff; but not rap. Rock and alternative usually have good beats I like to pretend like I’m cool every once in awhile. Christian stuff has good beat too and also gives (of course) a good message. I enjoy most movies except horror and documentaries, cause I don’t like being scared or bored or both. My favorite movie by far is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, very “actiony.”

    * How comfortable are you on a computer? What do you do most often when online?
    I’m fairly comfortable on the computer. When I’m online I’m either checking email, watching hulu or youtube, or on facebook.

    * What do you enjoy reading or doing when you have free time?
    When I have free time it is spent reading action, sci-fi, or fantasy novels; or watching tv and playing videogames. I really like playing first person shooter games like halo. Usually I don’t have free time though, I’m pretty busy with school and basketball.

    * Do you enjoy traveling or going on long trips? Describe a memorable trip out of the state or out of the country.
    I like travelling and my enjoyment of long trips depends on if my two year old brother is asleep or not. A memorable trip you say…. Well, this Christmas we went to Oklahoma and on the way back were caught in a blizzard. The blizzard turned a five hour trip into a two day trip. We came within ten feet of being crashed into, almost ran out of gas twenty miles out of a town, got stuck in the snow on and off ramp, and then left our car in the middle of the road and were taken to shelter. We missed having Christmas at home and were stranded in Whichita Falls for two days eating nothing but Denny’s. The details are to numerous to type, ask me later.

    *What do you enjoy about English? What do you dislike?
    I really like the fact that we are constantly challenged and forced to grow and mature in that class. The work is challenging and is a good preparation for college. I dislike poetry, and the process of learning. Being challenged is only a good thing after its over.

    ReplyDelete
  23. 1. My Nick-name is Trey. My real name is John.
    2. I am from Abilene. The ACU cops get bored on cold nights and will try to arrest you for rolling.
    3. I enjoy rock. It gets me pumped up for football games. I also like action/adventure movies.
    6. I play video games and backyard football in my spare time.
    8. I enjoy long trips. My family always travels to Crete Illinois in the summerand winter.
    9. I like grammer. I really don't like everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My name is Zachary, but I like to go by Zach. My weird nickname is Lunchables-Kissables-Breakables-Ankables. The reason why I have this nickname is because of baseball freshmen year. Our first away game, I brought some lunchables, and I ate them, because it was my first year in ACHS. As the season went on, I brought some kissables, and last year, I broke my ankle during one of our base running drills.
    I was born in Minot, North Dakota. I don’t really remember much about Minot, but when I lived in Washington, we had some neighbors who went scuba diving, and every time they left their suits out to dry, they looked like dead bodies.
    I am very comfortable on a computer, but not to the point that it feels like I live off of it. If I ever go on the computer, I am most likely either playing games or doing homework. I don’t use the computer a whole lot.
    Whenever I have some free time, I always like reading a good book. Right now I’m reading a book series called Artemis Fowl. I’m on the last book.
    I love traveling in airplanes, not cars. The most memorable trip I can remember has to be when I went to Turkey. We went walking down the beach, and I saw somebody parasailing. I asked my dad if we could try it, and he said yeah, but my mom said no. Eventually my dad and I get strapped up to a sail, and as we slowly rise up from the boat, I can hear my mom screaming like there’s no tomorrow. When we finally came down, I couldn’t stop laughing, because I had so much fun.
    English is a fun class. I like it because we get to read many stories by many different authors. The only thing I don’t like about English is the fact that we have to learn about subjects, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, etc, and it gets really frustrating really fast.
    -Zachary Johnson

    ReplyDelete